Taj Mahal height is 73 m (239.5013 ft).
Meters: 73 m
Feet: 239.5013 ft
Inches: 2874.016 in
Kilometers: 0.073 km
Miles: 0.0453601 mi
Nautical miles: 0.03941685 nmi
Yards: 79.83377 yd
Light-years: 7.716270897E-15 ly.
About Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal is a popular mausoleum in India. Constructed by Mughal emperor Mirza Shahab-ud-din Baig Muhammad Jhan Khurram (Shah Jahan) in honor of his favorite wife Mumtaz Mahal.
Taj Mahal is located in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India. Its coordinates are 27°10′30″N78°02′31″E.
Why was it Built?
After the death of his wife Mumtaz Mahal, who died while giving birth to Gauhara Begum, their 14th child. Shah Jahan approved the building of the Taj Mahal in her honor. Construction of the building began in 1632 and was completed 21 years later in 1653. The gardens around the building took another 5 years to complete. The tomb of the Taj Mahal has two levels. The upper level and main level holds the false sarcophagi of Mumtaz Mahal and Shah Jahan. The lower level holds the actual tombs of the two lovers.
- About 7–8 million people visit the Taj Mahal yearly.
- It was constructed by Persian architect Ustad Ahmad Lahauri.
- Construction of the building started in 1632. The building was completed in 1653.
- The total area covered by the building is 17 hectares.
- In 1983, the Taj Mahal was included in the UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE.
- The tomb of Mumtaz Mahal is in the middle of the building.
- It was voted the winner of the New7Wonders of the World.
- The Taj Mahal was commissioned in 1631.
- The estimated cost of building the Taj Mahal today is US$827 million.
- Over 20000 artisans were employed to work on this artwork.
- The whole building is described as being the jewel of Muslim art in India.
- Finally, Taj Mahal height is 73 m (239.5013 ft).
See also: Tallest buildings in the world.