Kanchenjunga height is 8586 m (28169.29 ft).
Meters: 8586 m
Feet: 28169.29 ft
Inches: 338031.5 in
Kilometers: 8.586 km
Miles: 5.335093 mi
Kanchenjunga also know as Kangchenjunga, is the third highest mountain in the world and among the 14 eight-thousander mountains, found on earth. Also, it is located at Taplejung District, Nepal; Sikkim, India. Location coordinates for the Kanchenjunga are 27°42′09″N 88°08′48″E.
20 percent of people attempting to climb Kanchenjunga die. About 53 people have died while climbing to the summit. Causes of death, include falling, being hit by rock, avalanche, disappearing totally, or even altitude sickness.
Asides Kanchenjunga height of 8586 m (28169.29 ft). Below are some facts about the mountain:
- It is officially the third highest mountain, after Mount Everest and K2.
- The first people to climb Kanchenjunga are Joe Brown and George Band.
- The mountain has 5 peaks and lies 125 kilometers (78 miles) east-south-east, of Mount Everest.
- It is also the second-highest mountain of the Himalayas and the highest mountain in India. Back in the 19th Century, it was assumed to be the highest mountain on earth.
- First winter ascent was done on 11 January 1986, by Jerzy Kukuczka and Krzysztof Wielicki.
- Spanish woman, Edurne Pasaban became the first woman to reach the top of the mountain.
- Kinga Baranowska became the first Polish woman to reach the top of the mountain.
- Pierre Beghin was the first person to make the first solo descent.
- The mountain is very remote and isn’t easily accessible.
- In 1995, two mountaineers-Benoît Chamoux, Pierre Royer died on the mountain.
- This mountain has four climbing routes.